TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF OUR WEBSITE
These are our terms and conditions. They apply each time you visit our site and every time you order a garment from us. We will assume that you’ve read them before you use the site or the services we offer. They do change from time to time so please re-read them each time you visit us.
These Terms and Conditions comprise the following sections:
- Rental Terms
- General Terms
which together form the basis of the agreement between us and both you and we agree to be bound by what each section says.
Acknowledgement of your order does not mean that we have accepted it. We will confirm to you when we have accepted your order and that is when a binding obligation will exist between us.
If we do not accept your order or if we have a problem relating to it, we will tell you as soon as we can and (if appropriate) refund any payment you have made to us.
An order can be placed at the times advertised on the Site. Any orders placed outside those times will be processed in the next opening period.
We accept payment by credit, debit cards & Paypal– your card will be charged when you make the order and you agree that we may retain those details and to apply any further charges we are allowed to apply by virtue of these terms and conditions.
We do not keep any information about your bank or credit cards after the hiring has been completed or we have returned the money you have paid us.
- DELIVERY & COLLECTION
Our aim is to deliver your Garment before the date specified in your order but we are unable to guarantee that any specific time we quote will be met exactly.
On delivery, we may ask for proof of your age and, if you are unable to supply this when requested, we may cancel your order without having the obligation to refund to you any part of the monies you have paid to us.
You acknowledge that:
- the images on the Site are of the actual Garment fitted to a model or mannequin and that the Garment may not fit you in the same way;
- the images which you see on your screen will differ from those we upload in terms of colour and definition and that we do not guarantee that the colours you see will match the actual garment;
- the sizing we show on the Site reflects the sizing we have been given by the manufacturer of the Garment;
- you will examine and try on the Garment immediately following its delivery and tell us without delay if it is suffering from any damage, does not fit or is in any way short of the description we have supplied on the Site;
- we will make charges for repairs or cleaning, as specified below, unless you tell us before you use the Garment of any issues present when it was delivered;
- the value of the Garment is that we have advised on the Site;
- you must follow all and any instructions we provide with the Garment both for its use and packing;
- that you will use the Garment in a proper manner and treat it with the same respect you would apply if you had borrowed it from a close friend
You agree that you will:
- not alter or add to the Garment in any way
- not clean or attempt to clean the Garment in any way
The Garment must be returned to us using the same packaging (including dress, dress bag, box and coat hanger) in which it was delivered to you and packed in a manner which does not damage the Garment nor cause undue creasing.
The period for which you and we have agreed that you can hire the Garment is that specified in our acceptance of your order. If the Garment has not been returned to us within 24 hours of the end of the agreed hire period, we have the right to charge penalties to cover the losses we sustain.
For this purposes of this clause, time is of the essence.
The optional insurance we offer can be added to your order at checkout. It covers any minor stains that will come out during dry cleaning, or minor damage such as a zip break. It does not cover significant damage, stains that cannot be removed or theft and if the dress is damaged beyond repair, the fee will be the retail price of the item.
If you do not return the item to us within 24 hours of the end of the hire period;
- We will charge you £25.00 per garment for each day (or part of a day) that you are late, as compensation for our loss of profit on that item.
- in the same condition in which it was supplied to you and using the return service we specify, we may charge you the actual costs of repair and/or cleaning up to the replacement cost of the garment, to which we may add an amount equal to the loss of profit we suffer and any other costs we sustain whilst we wait for the garment to be replaced (subject to a maximum sum representing 150% of the retail price of the garment. You agree that the figure certified by our accountant as representing such costs and loss is conclusive evidence of the amount of that loss.
If the garment is not returned to us within 5 days, we may charge you up to 150% of the retail price of that garment as liquidated damages and to compensate us for the losses we have sustained.
For this purposes of this clause, time is of the essence.
- SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS
In the event that a Garment becomes unavailable for hire, we will send you what we consider to be the closest alternative we have to that Garment at the same fee as we have charged for the original Garment and that will satisfy our contractual obligations but, if the replacement Garment is not satisfactory, you may return it, unworn and we will refund all the monies you have paid us.
You agree that, for the purposes of the Regulations, we may confirm the terms of the agreement between us and the goods we are selling by email.
You understand and agree that most of the products we supply are supplied for immediate use and that, as a result, your right to cancel the agreement between us is limited.
You may cancel your order up to 7 days before the start of the hire period and we will issue you with a full refund.
You may cancel your order even after we have delivered it but before you have used it and we will issue you with a credit note, valid for 1 year to the value of the hiring charge of the most expensive garment on your order, less a cancellation fee of £8.99.
The periods mentioned above apply from the date that you tell us you wish to cancel and you must tell us using the following email address:
These cancellation rights are in addition to the statutory rights you have.
How do I return my order?
Returns are on us! You'll receive a pre-paid shipping label with your original delivery – just use the packaging your garment arrived in and hand the package (properly secure) to any DPD return shop. If you lose your returns label, don't worry just get in touch and we'll send you a new one via email.
You can find your nearest collection point via the DPD app or DPD website http://www.dpd.co.uk/apps/shopfinder/index.jsp
Please note the penalties we apply for late returns
If you wish to cancel your order once we have delivered it, please return it within 24 hours of receiving the dress, with the tags intact and choose one of the following options:
Credit - We’re very happy to give you a full credit (less the cost of shipping).
Refund - We’re happy to refund the hire cost (less the cost of shipping).
To receive your credit/refund, select the appropriate option on the return form and make sure you return the garment with the tags intact, otherwise we won’t be able to action the credit or refund.
If you can’t return your package within 24 hours, please get in touch as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
When will I receive my refund?
When we receive your return we will process your refund and notify you by email. We will refund to the payment method originally used.
Your refund amount will depend on the condition of the dress or any late fees.
We will process them within 5 working days, but it can take up to 10 days for your bank to process.
The following words have the following meanings in these Terms and Conditions:
- We are Hire That Look
- Site is www.hirethatlook.com.
- You are a visitor to the Site.
- Account means the account you create with us if you register with the Site.
- Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of the Site.
- Regulations means the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- User means any person, firm or company using the Site for any purpose.
- YOUR PROMISES TO US
You agree that:
- You have the right to make this agreement with us and that you are over the age of 18 years.
- You will read the terms and conditions on any site we link you to.
- You won’t use robots, spiders, scrapers or similar things on the Site.
- You won’t try to get around any things we put on the Site to stop or limit access to parts of it.
- You won’t do anything that might cause our systems to crash.
- You won’t steal the Site or any part of it for use in any other site or application.
- You won’t try to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any programs we use in connection with the Site or the services it offers.
- You won’t copy, imitate or use the trademarks and/or designs and/or layout or anything else which would usually amount to intellectual property and which we own.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Either we or our business partners and affiliates own all of the information and intellectual property on the Site and you have no right to copy or use any of that information or intellectual property other than to use the Site unless we give that right to you.
When you create an Account you promise that:
- You will only have one Account with us
- All information you submit is accurate and truthful
- You will keep this information accurate and up-to-date
- You will not share your Account with anyone else
- You will keep your Account details confidential
- You will not give your username or password to anyone else
- You will log off when you exit the Site
- Your username will not be offensive, suggest that you are someone else or that you represent a trade or brand name. We can change a username if we think it breaks this term.
We may close your Account if you break these Terms and Conditions or if there has been no activity on the Account for 12 months.
If any payment we send to your bank account is refused and you do not supply us with an alternative bank account within 28 days of us asking you, we may keep that payment to cover our costs and you will be entitled to nothing.
If you do anything which we think might be fraud, we may report those actions to the Police and the money standing to the credit of your account may be returned to any merchants involved or kept by us to cover the costs we are put to in dealing with your fraud.
If you have not authenticated your current email address with us and/or if it cannot accept service emails from us and/or you mark our emails as spam, abusive or junk then, and in any such event, we can terminate your Account.
You have the right to opt out of our marketing emails at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
If we earn any commission or interest on the money deposited in your Account we may keep that commission and/or interest.
You can cancel your Account with us at any time – all you need to do is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When using any forums we may put up on the Site you agree to abide by the following rules:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language
- Nothing you submit can be unlawful or otherwise objectionable and you must not use the Site to publish material which may be abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, racist, ageist or sexist
- Nothing you submit may be designed to promote violence
- All your posts must be in English (we may change this but we cannot moderate posts in foreign languages and will remove them)
- You must not post links to other sites which may break these rules
- You can’t use any forum to advertise – but if you have a business we don’t mind you mentioning its name
- You must not impersonate anyone else
- You may not post anything which contains any viruses, trojans, crawlers or anything else which might damage, interrogate or otherwise access our software, hardware or communications networks.
We have the absolute right to moderate all posts on the Site and to remove any post which we do not want.
When you submit a post you are warranting that you are the author of that post and that you own or have the right to use all the intellectual property rights associated with it and you agree that we may use your post for any reason and in any manner we choose without paying you, telling you or acknowledging you as the owner.
When viewing posts you accept that we are not the author and that any views expressed do not necessarily represent our views.
If you see a post which you find objectionable tell us as soon as you can and we will consider whether or not it should be removed.
- PRIVACY & COOKIES
We can’t promise that the Site will meet your needs; that it will work properly; that it will be fit for a particular purpose or that it will not infringe the rights of others.
We can’t promise that the Site will work with all systems; that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate.
We don’t give advice on the Site, just general opinions, and so don’t rely on what we say when you make any decisions.
We take all reasonable effort to test material before placing it on the Site. In the very unlikely event of any loss, disruption or damage, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from the Site.
We don’t have any control over any of the products available through the Site so we can’t guarantee them in any way.
If you link to any other site using the Site then you understand that separate conditions will apply to those sites and that we have no control over those conditions – so you agree that you will read and understand them before using those sites.
- AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE
We never guarantee that the Site will be available all the time and if it’s not available for any reason you can’t hold us responsible for anything you lose as a result.
We have the right to change the Site and the services it offers, suspend it or stop it at any time.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
As far as we are allowed by law we deny liability for any losses of all kind which you incur from visiting and/or using the Site. You use the Site at your own risk.
However, nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts our liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on our part.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We don’t control any of the websites we link to and so we can’t be responsible for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any losses which come out of you using them.
Just because we link to a site does not mean that we endorse or recommend that site.
We can never guarantee that a link will work.
- MODIFICATIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS & THE SITE
You agree to re-read these Terms and Conditions each time you visit the Site so as to understand any changes we’ve made to them.
If we change the Site these Terms and Conditions will apply to any changes we make.
- GENERAL MATTERS
These Terms and Conditions are made under the laws of England and Wales and that is the only jurisdiction which can govern them.
We and you agree that these Terms and Conditions do not form the basis of any partnership or co-venture.
These Terms and Conditions supersede any previous terms and conditions we have published and represent the entire understanding between you and us.
Time will not be of the essence in any part of any agreement between you and us.
All parties acknowledge and agree that they have not entered into any agreement between them in reliance on anything said or promised by the other which is not in these Terms and Conditions.
If a Court or other body says that any part of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable, the rest of them will stand.
If either you or we need to give formal notice to the other, it must be done by email to the address each of us gives to the other from time to time.
These Terms and Conditions contain the entire understanding between you and us.